Tuesday, September 12, 2006

July 11th Session 28

July 11th Session 28
The Free City and Forest to the Northwest
Septimius Flavius Perfectus (Mike) Human Fighter-6
Rollo Mojo (Josh) Human Warlock-6
Sandreus III (Ben) Human Bard-5 Fighter-1
Appius Umbrius Laurentius (Michael) Human Cleric of Ixion-6
Miles O’Flannagan (Steve) Human Ranger-5 Master of Many Forms-1
Crag Skullbugger (Greg) Dwarf Barbarian-6
Slyver (Mark) Human Rogue-4/Monk-1

Tiberius (Jeff) Human Scout-2 Fighter-1 (Deceased)
Shamus O’Flannagan (Steve) Human Ranger-3 (Deceased)
Kioska (Lewis) Human Druid-2 (Retired)
Primus Ironius Perfectus (Steve) Human Cleric-2 (Deceased)
Drake (Jeff) Human Rogue-2 (Not Dead, Indentured)
Agustus (Michael) Human Cleric-1 (Deceased)

The question: “How do we take all six griffons back to town since we have no horses, no cages, no wagons and the only thing securing the griffons was hemp rope.” After a major discussion the decision was to cut two trees into 20 or so long pole. They then were going to tie two griffons to each pole. The group would space themselves with one person in front of the first griffon with the front of the pole, one person between the two griffons carried the center of the pole, and one person behind the second griffon with the end of the pole. The group broke themselves down into two teams with Rollo left over. Rollo was given Appius’s magical club and instructed that if any of the griffons start to regain consciousness his job was to “Club them like a baby seal”. The two remaining griffons were summarily executed and the group began their long hike back to town. The hike was long and tiring except for Rollo who thumped any griffon who even looked like it might wake up. In the evening of the first day the group was stopped by a pair of ettins and a weasel. The shorter of the two ettins spoke in broken common “Give me griffons”. Naturally the group ended the conversation and engaged the ettins and weasel in combat. Septimius and Rollo engaged the little ettin and Miles as a dinosaur and Crag raging engaged the tall ettin. Sandreus squared off with the weasel. The ettin swung hard and hit often keeping Appius busy trying to keep everyone healed up. The little ettin proved to be the more difficult of the two as larger ettin was the first opponent to fall. The weasel seemed surprisingly tough, Sandreus landed several hits that should have felled a normal weasel, but this weasel continued to fight back. It was quickly decided by the group that the weasel must be the ettin familiar or animal companion because it could take so much damage. A few well timed hits and overwhelming numbers the group finished the ettin and his familiar. A quick search and a Rollo’s detect magic found a set of bracers (+3) and a potion (cure light wounds). The group gather up the griffons and set off for the Free City once again.
The next two day were uneventful except for the farmers and merchants who quickly scurried past the strange sight. The group arrived at the city gates and was immediately asked to step aside and explain what they were doing. Sandreus stepped forward and explained that these were some beasts they had captured for the Champion Games. The guard asked if they were expected. After explaining that no they weren’t expected. They were told unless someone from the games accepted responsibility for the griffons he was not going to let the group inside the city walls. Sandreus and Septimius were allowed to enter the city gate, minus the griffons, to hopefully find someone who might be interested in some griffons for the games. After a short run around they were introduced to a Captain Okoral. Captain Okoral and some of guards agreed to at least take a look at the griffons. So the group headed back outside the gates to see if an agreement could be met. Captain Okoral took one look at the beaten and battered griffons and offered to take them off the adventures hand for 1000 gold pieces. Happy to be rid of the griffons the group agreed to the offer and decided to head back to the Crooked House Inn and relax after a long, cumbersome trip back to town.
Two days later the group decided to go and look for the warehouse, once owned by a merchant named Sodden, that their key might work on. Down by the banks of the river outside the city walls they found a warehouse marked “Sodden Hold”. The warehouse was obviously abandon and in need of much repair, so they decided to take a look inside. They opened up the door and found a large open warehouse with dozens of crates and some flickering torches. Walking around in the warehouse the group was surprised by a pair of crates that were alive. The crates sprang up and attacked the party. Although the living crates were not tough to kill they “bit” hard and Crag showed the teeth marks to prove it. On the left hand side of the warehouse was a door and on the right hand side of warehouse there were three doors, two on ground level and one up on the catwalk.. Appius volunteer to inspect the door on the left and accidentally set of a pit trap. Luckily for Appius he was still wearing his ring of feather fall and landed somewhat softly on a couple of spikes. The door above the pit happened to just be a fake door. The ground level doors were both locked and nobody had the skill to unlock them. So the group used Miles’s rope of climbing to climbed up onto the catwalk. The door on the catwalk was unlocked so the group open the door and …


Post a Comment

<< Home